Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Strength and Thankfulness....

So today we hit the 5 month mark! WOW how time has just zoomed by. I'm so thankful for this precious gift from God. There is not a day or night that goes by that I don't rock our child to sleep, and just praise God for him. I feel so blessed that I have this healthy son that wakes up with a grin on his face every morning. I'm so thankful that when I put him to bed at night, I don't have to worry about breathing problems, or heart conditions, or the surgeries that he will face in the future. I'm so thankful for my loving family and friends who takes care of him so I don't have to take him to daycare. I am so thankful that I have a loving, supportive husband who is an amazing father to Cash. I'm thankful that I have an amazing job with understanding family-oriented people, who understand if I have to leave when he gets sick or leave if I don't have someone to watch him.

I saw my good friend from grade school to high school at the mall the other day. I cannot even begin to describe the strength her and her husband have. Her son was born with a heart murmur, and will have to have surgery when he is 6 months, and will likely have complications after his surgery too. The whole time she is describing the conditions her sweet precious son has, she continues to have a smile on her face. A smile that shows that her trust is in the Lord, and that He will keep their son well. I know that I would never have the strength she has. Her and her husband are two people that I will look up to and think about for the rest of my life! Any time I am going through a tough time with Cash I will think of them and their strength, and I know I will be able to pull through any struggle I have with Cash. Jennifer and Chris, thank you for being such an awesome example to me. I will pray for you Chris and Connor every day! Your strength is an inspiration to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment